The unfortunate thing about being a girl is that everything has to match. If you wear clothes that don't match or pair an outfit with the wrong shoes it is just...social suicide! Yesterday I wore a fancy gray shirt with a black tank underneath. As I looked through my shoes, the only pair that I decided could go with it were my black flats. I knew it had snowed a little bit the day before but figured I would be fine. I walked out of my apartment to go to school and immediately started regretting my choice. The sidewalks were slightly icy. As I got closer to the building where my class was to be held, my right foot slipped up and I fell through the air backwards, landing flat on my behind. It didn't really hurt at first but boy was I embarrassed...thankfully not many people saw...or at least I pretended that they didn't. One older lady was walking towards me and she asked if I was okay. I told her yes and then she said, "That's good. Probably just embarrassed and hurt." Yes. Thank you for pointing out my embarrassment. Throughout the day I forgot about this little incident and was starting to wonder why it hurt so bad to sit in chairs....then when I got home I remembered! Seriously thought I was going to die sitting in the Marb for my 2 1/2 hour Holocaust class (never taking that long of a class EVER again).
Today...I will wear better shoes...even if they don't go with my outfit.
No comments:
Post a Comment