Wednesday, September 2, 2009

And it Begins!

On Monday, I officially started college. Waking up that morning, I felt SO nervous and many questions were running through my mind: What if I couldn't find a class? Would I make it to class on time? Am I really old enough to be here? The first two were quickly answered. I made it to every class on time and easily found the rooms. The last one was a question I had all day. Seriously?! How and when did I get this old??? I felt like a child in this big mass of people! Every where I turned there was a taller, older person walking confidently to wherever they needed to be. Everyone I met immediately said, "Freshmen?" Yep that's me!

What blew me away the most was how many people there were in some of my classes. In my Anthropology class, I swear there are about 400 people in that auditorium. It just really made me realize something: Nobody notices or cares if you are there. That makes one feel good, right? In Music 101 and Biology, people sat on the floor or on the stairs. Yes, this is how FULL some of them were! Shouldn't there be enough seats for EVERYONE? Today, I was one of the "lucky" ones to sit on the stairs in Music 101 and I'm pretty sure that might become a frequent habit. . . the class before is all the way across campus, so I will always be last! A nice guy offered me a seat but I declined politely and stuck with the stairs. On the bright side, I got to my Biology class in time that way so that I didn't have to be on the stairs for that one too.

One of the great things about college is that you can pick what classes you take and there are so MANY to choose from! You can also choose what time you want to take them. My first class is at 9am and I don't have any classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays! It's so awesome! I enjoy all of my classes except Bio. . . never been a fan of science classes. Miraculously, I figured out today that I know someone from home in my Anthropology class (remember this was the one with 400??). I was walking in and saw Nathan's tall head so we sat together in that mass of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment