As much fun as it is to be in a ward where everyone is about the same age, it also makes you miss your home ward. I found Sacrament meeting to be WAY too quiet! I need the noise or else it just feels creepy. . . I'm sure I'll get used to it though! Also the chairs were super uncomfortable and that's mostly what I could think about throughout the meeting. I'll have to find a way to sit so that it doesn't bother me I guess. Morgan gave a talk and did an excellent job! She also got to check out all the boys while she was on the stand :]
Sunday School was the funnest (yeah that's not a word!) class I had ever been to in church. Our teacher was this kid from a small town in Idaho and he had never taught a Sunday school class before. He started out by writing his name on the chalkboard and putting his phone number under it. He said it was for feedback. . . or a date! Cause he loves dates haha. The lesson was appropriately on Eternal Marriage. Perfect for our first college lesson, right? Well we all had a good laugh about that one. Our teacher then went on to compare girls to trucks. He said that you don't just go to a dealership and buy the first good looking one you find. You need to check out the engine and the tires and such. Anyways you just had to be there but it was a very funny class. He ended his lesson with 25 minutes left to go, so we all introduced ourselves and said where we were from. Then Morgan and I stayed for an hour afterwards to meet the Bishopric. It was a long day!
oh...those singles ward days! (you'll soon grow to love how quiet it is)
ReplyDeletei'm loving your blog. i didn't know you had one.
have fun up there, alix! you are such a wonderful young woman. we'll miss you, here!