Friday, August 14, 2009

The Countdown

Today I officially start the 10 day count down to the end of living at home and the beginning of the college world. I got to admit I'm scared. Terrified would actually be a better word for it. How am I possibly going to find all my classes when the campus is GINORMOUS?? I finally got all the shopping done I needed and now it is just down to spending time with friends and family. Leaving sucks. All growing up people make going away to college sound so fun. No parents, no rules, and your own place. But they forgot to mention the little thing called "missing your friends, missing your family, and crying randomly before you leave." Every time I think about it, I cry. I think after the first week or two I will be excited to be there. . . but right now, I'm not.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Alix! I'm so happy that you have a blog! I'll be checking in on you now that you are headed to BYU. It will be the hardest and funnest thing you've ever done! I really am excited for you. It will be great even though you will definitely miss your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Al you can always run away to my apartment when you miss home! I hope you know that! And I am really excited for you! Darc is right - the hardest but also the most fun you will ever have.
    PS I'm so glad you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete