Friday, September 11, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy...and the not so Busy Life

I've been putting this off for a long time and finally decided I HAVE to do it! Otherwise stuff is going to build up and you will be extremely bored reading about my life as a college student. So feel free to not read this cause I'm sure you have much better things to do. . .

Saturday was BYU's first football game and we hung out with our Gilbert friends at Legend's Grill to watch BYU kick some Oklahoma butt!!! WE WON 14-13!!! :) It was such a great game and everyone in Provo went NUTS when it was over! Cars were honking nonstop for hours and people shouted as they ran by. It was pretty crazy!

On Sunday, my roommates and I decided to have a sleepover in our kitchen. We put four mattresses in there and I slept on the couch. First we talked about boys (of course!) and then we watched How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days (pretty much one of my favorite movies!). I fell asleep at about 3 am and so did everyone else. We were all SO tired the next day! But we had lots and lots of fun :) Good memories!

Monday was a holiday so NO SCHOOL! My aunt Kristin and her family (James, Austin, & Amanda) were down here for a wedding and took Morgan and I to lunch at Bamboo Hut. We had so much fun chatting with them while we ate delicious Hawaiian food! Thank you! :)

Yesterday, we went to a FHE BBQ with some people in our ward at our Bishop's house. If I had to live in Utah the rest of my life, I would want to live in this house! It was amazing. The backyard had a little stream running through it with a mini waterfall and a bridge and big green trees and green grass! One thing I don't miss about Arizona is the ugly foliage. It is just gorgeous here. Anyways, there were only about 10 girls and probably triple the guys so Morgan and I had a good time sitting on a blanket eating yummy food with 8 boys surrounding us :)

Every weekend I've been here there has been a dance. They're fun, but not gonna lie, I am kinda danced out! So tonight when we went to the Fall Fest, we just enjoyed the Laugh Out Loud comedy show. It was stand up and pretty funny! But we had to wait in line for a long time just to get into the show. The only problem with big events for the WHOLE school is that pretty much the WHOLE school comes and it's super crowded and super long lines. . . and not really worth going to!

Coming up here, I thought college would be hard. So hard that I would be up super late every night doing homework and wanting to slit my wrists because I would be so stressed. But my classes have been pretty easy so far. I've never stayed up doing homework and I've had plenty of time to be bored out of my mind. Of course I'm not stupid: I know college will get harder. This is most likely just a one time chill semester so I am going to embrace it! The only problem with being bored is that I have time to think. I think about how much I miss home and a certain boy. . . and then I get really sad and depressed. Well I found an answer to battle this depression! It's called Add Another Class! So I did. I added American Government and Politics. I have it with Morgan, Kenzie, and Kaitlyn so they are helping me catch up :) So this class puts me at 17 credit hours but I think I can do it! And it will keep me so busy, I will have no time to think! Yay :)

No comments:

Post a Comment