Later that day, part of the family went horseback riding while the rest of us waited for them. I decided not to go because I figured it probably would be best not too since my surgery. Then once everyone got back we had a cowboy dinner and show. The food was pretty good although many of us decided buffalo meat is gross! The cowboy show was a bunch of singing which was a little hokey at times but fun. Of course the night wouldn't be complete with out s'mores and sitting around a campfire!
On Thursday we went to see the Badlands. Everyone else bailed because they had either already seen it or didn't want to travel an hour and a half to see them so my family went by ourselves. It was pretty cool! The rocks are shaped really weird and some had yellow and purple stripes. When we got back, we all went down to the lake to swim and canoe. The kids had a blast with Jake throwing them in the air and playing with them. Later that night we played kick the can and capture the flag. Kick the can was really fun and I even kicked it once! If you know how not athletic I am, then you know this is a big deal!
Friday we all went home and we were sad that the week was over! I was glad to know that I will be seeing most of them at the wedding in less than two months though! Overall we had a blast in South Dakota and I hate to say it but...my mom was right. ;)
| Grandpa playing Angry Birds on his phone...how priceless is this?! Haha :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment