On Friday I had my surgery and thankfully everything went really well! The doctor was able to remove both cysts and save 25% of my right ovary (which I think is weird...how do you save part of an ovary??). The anesthesiologist gave me medication in my spine which was AMAZING for the first 24 hours. NO pain! I had to stay in the hospital for one night and I totally would have stayed longer if they didn't wake me up every two hours to check vitals. 3:30 AM to make me stand up and walk is not really my idea of a good night. My mom was a trooper and stayed pretty much all day on Friday until Jake got there. Then Jake's mom stopped by as well to hang out. Jake was so sweet and put up with staying with me all night, being woken up every two hours and everything! I was so grateful because I'm a total baby and didn't want to be alone... :)
Saturday morning I was surprised when they told me I could go home! Right before I went home my cousin Jesica and her family came to see me. It was fun to have visitors! I was so glad to be going home and actually get some rest. Yesterday was horrible as far as nausea and dizziness and I pretty much could not keep anything down all day. Today hasn't been too bad though--as long as I stay sitting I'm fine! This should be about a two week recovery and it will be good because hopefully I can get some school done and wedding stuff planned!
Thanks again for all the love and support! I also appreciated the flowers, candy, cards, and visits! I really do have the best family and friends. :)
I was wondering how it was going to go after the spinal medicine wore off.... glad you are doing better though! I hope each day gets easier! We were so glad to see you and meet Jake even though we would have rathered it been under different circumstances!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad everything went well! And Jake must really love you, I approve of him. Love you! :)
ReplyDelete