Sunday, April 1, 2012

General Conference and Pajamas

Besides hearing the wonderful, inspired words from our beloved Prophet and apostles this past weekend, I have also thoroughly enjoyed being in my pajamas for the past two days. My roommate pointed out today that I've been in the same clothes since Friday night...and sadly, this is true! (Don't worry, I did take a shower...yesterday). But despite my obvious laziness clothing-wise, I actually have been VERY productive this weekend. I think this comes with the fact that I have a creative project due this week, 5 page paper due Friday, and 12 page research paper due next Monday. I have found over the years that I do my best work right before a paper is due; I guess the high pressure of the impending due date just kicks me into high gear and I can get things done fairly quickly. On Friday, I spent several hours in the library (which by the way, being in the library at 10pm on a Friday night is super lame) and several more hours at home doing research. I currently have 8 out of 10 sources! GO ME! I also just have to brag for a second about my pure genius...I'm writing a paper on how families have changed on television since the 1950s (think I Love Lucy compared to Modern Family), which MEANS my primary sources are TELEVISION SHOWS! This is how I spent my Saturday night, watching episodes which I can talk about in my paper. Genius. I know.

Recently I started looking into "Mommy Blogs." Over the past few years, these types of blogs seem to be really popular and I wondered what the hype was all about. My roommate, Skate, reads several and gave me the links. One of these is rockstar diaries, which won this year's 2012 Homies Award for Family Blogs. This cute woman is living in DC with her husband and daughter and she just blogs about their life and things that she likes. Her blog is followed by thousands of people. This just fascinates me. Why are these blogs so popular?? And more importantly how do they get popular? I mean, most of them are not super well written and don't seem to have very interesting things to say---I think my own cousins' blogs are more interesting but maybe that is because I know and love them! I think much of the appeal may be the photography...at least it makes me want to get a cool phone so that I can take awesome pictures with instagram...Just something I've been thinking about today. In a way I think it would be really cool to have thousands of followers and share in the blog world but at the same time, I feel like lives should be private to a certain extent. Anyways, enough of my rambling.

Happy General Conference!

No comments:

Post a Comment