Saturday, April 30, 2011

Crash Course

Well this week has been an interesting one at work...when I looked at my schedule last week I saw that I had a lot of money shifts. I was happy that I was going to start learning money right away but found it odd that I had no trainer assigned to me...Was I supposed to figure it out on my own? I got to work and sure enough my boss said, "You've had money shifts before right?" He thought I had already taken my test for money but shrugged it off when I said I had never done money before and said I would be fine.

Thursday wasn't too bad...but the floor manager was busy and basically put me in the operations room and said to count this this and this and call her if I needed help. Then she left. I figured it out...and it only took me 40 minutes...Then last night I was money again. A FRIDAY NIGHT. Pretty much the busiest night of the week. Again everyone was busy and the person that was supposed to help me wasn't anywhere to be found.  I made some mistakes, got way stressed out, and was so slow at counting that I spent an hour and a half in the concession stand just counting people off because as soon as I would be done counting off the 10 o'clocks, the 10:30s would be off and so forth...I am WAY slow at counting obviously. Finally one of the managers came and stayed with me to help but I was already behind and in for a long night. LONG story short, I was at work until 2:30 in the morning...NO FUN. I guess the positive is I got more hours right?

So I've been thrown to the sharks to figure things out on my own. I'm learning a lot fast but it's been a whirlwind. Tonight I'm working inventory which I've done a lot but guess what? It's the end of the month which means I have to close the period (i.e. counting WAY more stuff and LOTS of paperwork). And once again I don't know how to do that................and NO TRAINER. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment