For Thanksgiving, I decided I wanted to go home so I booked a flight and flew home last Tuesday. After arriving, my mother and I went to our favorite lunch spot, Paradise Bakery and then proceeded to run some errands. Both of my sibs were so excited to see me and I was excited to see them! They grow up so fast! Riley and I played the Wii for a few hours and then I watched my shows that I had missed on Monday.
Wednesday, my mom and I went shopping to buy stuff for a Christmas package for Jake and then I had an orthodontist appointment... :/ They put a spring in my mouth to widen the gap where they pulled the baby tooth I still had until this summer. It doesn't look as bad as I thought it would! And thankfully my teeth didn't hurt on Thanksgiving!
Thanksgiving morning my family and I went to see Megamind. It was hilarious! I definitely recommend it! We used up the last passes we had from my last summer check. Then after eating yummy food with just our family, my sister and I went to Harry Potter 7! Thanks to my awesome friendships with Harkins' managers, we got in free :) I am so loved!
Friday, my mom and I went shopping for the third time this week cause it was Black Friday! There were some sweet deals on movies at Target so I got Mamma Mia, Dark Knight, Casino Royale, Wolverine, Night at the Museum 2, and The Office Season 5. Oh and earlier in the week, I bought Prince of Persia! Yay for movies! I'm seriously addicted....After shopping, I went to lunch and hung out with my two best friends from work, Lendsey and Michelle! Michelle brought her cute little baby for me to hold! Yay! Later that night, my Aunt Natalie and Uncle David and their girls were so sweet and came to see me for a bit! Then I went to Tara's house to hang out with my best friends from high school. I love them! And I love that we are all going different directions but are still able to get together, talk for hours, and have a great time! Basically it was the best day ever!
Saturday I slept in til 11:30, showered, and then left my wet hair in a towel for 5 hours while I finished the Nancy Drew computer game I had started earlier in the week! Note to anyone reading this: leaving wet hair on your head for 5 hours is not a good idea...I swear my hair was dirtier than before I had washed it....After dinner we put up Christmas decorations...and the billion ornaments on the tree. This is my LEAST favorite part of Christmas. I hate putting up decorations. Maybe cause we have WAY too many! I mean they look nice when they are all up, but I'd rather pay someone to do it for me. Afterwards, we watched ELF! Basically the best Christmas movie ever :)
I had a lot of fun with my family and friends but there was a big part of me that missed Jake! Being home makes me think about him even more. Last Thanksgiving we spent every possible second together and this year...I had to figure out what to do with myself! Just one more Thanksgiving and he will be home! Can't wait :)
Today I drove back with Morgs and Kaitlyn...it took us 14 hours because of the stupid snow and all the accidents. 14 HOURS! It was a long car ride....and now I am back in this frozen wasteland for 3 more weeks. Back to reality....sigh
Oh and I didn't get any pictures of my parents or friends...I'll have to be better next time!
I'm so glad you got to come home... dumb snow though! Sounds like so much fun!!! It was GREAT to see you at the wedding! Love ya!!!
ReplyDeleteFriday really was so much fun! For sure we all need to get together at Christmas, and maybe this time take some pictures! I love us! :D
ReplyDelete