On Sunday I went to a Court of Honor for some of my friends. As the flag went by our row we were supposed to stand up and put our hand over our heart or the other Scouts in the room saluted it. A few rows in front of me there was a little boy probably about 8 years old who was standing next to his dad. Both of them were in uniform and the dad saluted the flag. I watched as the boy tried to get his 3 fingers to stay together and follow what his dad was doing. It was a neat thing to see the boy looking to his father as an example and it kind of gave me goose bumps as I watched this little moment take place.
I had another little moment this week that was cool to see. Yesterday my mom and I went to the mall to look at Prom dresses. As we walked through the food court I saw a man sitting alone at a table with a Panda Express meal laid out in front of him. He had his head bowed down and his hands were together. I realized he was praying over his food when I saw his lips silently moving. I couldn't help but think how amazing it was, with the world as horrible as it is, that people still prayed. There are good people out there that care about God and even when they are in a public place, they are not afraid of worshipping Him.
No comments:
Post a Comment