Thursday, April 23, 2015

Happy 1st Birthday, Lucas! {And an Interview}

On March 10th, Lucas turned ONE! I can't believe my baby is getting so big! We had both of our families come over for a little Daniel Tiger themed birthday party with cupcakes, ice cream, and presents. It was a fun night even though Lukey probably had no idea what was going on. Jake and I officially survived a year of parenthood! Woot woot!

And now for an interview with our little one-year-old, because hey, we all know I'm not going to remember any of this...


Nicknames: Lukey, Lukey-pook, Lukey-pookey, Luke, Stinky Butt, etc.


Hair Color: Light brown, and I have a teensy bit of curl


Eye Color: Blue! Just like Mom's, but a little bit darker right now.


Weight: 19 lbs. 12 oz. which puts me in the 10th percentile! I love to move and don't know the meaning of "sitting still," so there's no way I'm gonna put on a lot of weight.


Height: 29 in. (25%)


Head Circumference: 48 cm., obviously I got the Hague/Andersen genes because my head is in the 90th percentile!

Proof that I do snuggle...occasionally...for 5 seconds


























Anything interesting about your Dr's appointment? Yes, actually. I found out why I look so tired all the time. I have a mild case of ptosis, mostly on my right eye, but a little on the left too. At my 15 month appointment, the doctor is going to take a look and maybe send me to an eye doctor. Eventually I might have to have surgery to lift my eyelid(s) a little bit. Thankfully it's not that big of a deal and an easy fix. They just don't want it to impede my eyesight. (And my mom is kinda tired of everyone saying how tired I look!)


Favorite Toy: You know, I used to love that frog toy that squeaks, but now I'd have to say my walker that sings songs and makes noise when I push the buttons. Oh, and the piano. I LOVE Mom and Dad's keyboard and I could play it for hours. Literally. I also love snuggling with my blankies.


Favorite TV Show: I love Daniel Tiger and Thomas & Friends. If you put me in front of Sesame Street or Dinosaur Train, I'll watch that for a little bit too, but Daniel and Thomas are definitely my favs.


Favorite Foods: Well, I just learned how to not throw up when eating real people food, so it's been a slow process, but I'd have to say bananas. Yogurt and PB sandwiches are up there though. I also like to act like a puppy and mooch off my parents when they are eating pretty much anything. Gotta love chocolate and ice cream too!


Least Favorite Foods: I hate baby food. I am not a baby anymore, Mom, so don't even think about giving me any. I absolutely refuse to eat from a baby spoon too. That applesauce better be on a silver spoon or it's a no-go!


Favorite Drink: I love my milk, but really anything you put in my bottle, I will drink. I'm not really a fan of sippy cups. Sippy cups are for hitting my tray, not drinking.


Favorite Outfit: If I could, I would go naked ALL the time. I love to try to get away from Mom and Dad as fast as I can so that they can't put a diaper on me. And forget about the clothes...if you want to put clothes on me, prepare for a workout because I will fight you the ENTIRE TIME! Because of this, most days you can just find me in my pjs.


Favorite Game: I love playing chase. If I am in a happy mood and you try to come near me, I will squeal and crawl away as fast as I can, which usually means I fall because I crawl on my knuckles like a gorilla.


Favorite Animal: My family seems to think I love frogs. Whatever, I'll say frogs then.


How many teeth do you have? EIGHT and I've had them all since I was about 8 or 9 months old. I like to bite people with them and have come close to making my mommy cry.


Do you like to talk? Oh yes, I like to babble and make cute sounds when I'm in a really good mood, but get me to say any words and I'll just smile or laugh at you.


How's the walking thing going? It's not. I'd much rather crawl or walk along furniture until I get to my destination. Maybe I'll try the walking thing in a few months.


What size clothes/shoes do you wear? Well I'm little, so I can still wear size 9 month clothes, but my mom puts me in 12 month clothes as well. However, 12 month pants seem to just fall off so I definitely try to stick to 9 month (or sometimes smaller) pants, rompers, or no pants at all (which I'm totally ok with). Shoes? What are shoes? Mom never puts those things on me because she's lazy.


Who is your best friend? My mom of course, duh! I only spend like every waking minute with her. I also really love my daddy and Uncle Riley. Everyone else is pretty cool too, not a whole lot of stranger danger here unless there are a LOT of people I don't recognize, then I might cry.


Speaking of scared, what are you afraid of? Well when I was actually 12 months, I wasn't scared of anything, but now that I'm big and 13+ months, I am scared of all the fun tricks Daddy used to do with me--throwing me in the air, putting me on his shoulders, etc. I think I'm finally figuring out that those things are indeed scary and I could get hurt! I think my dad is pretty sad about it....


Do you like bath time? I love bath time! I get excited when my mom or dad turns on the water and I love to play with my toys. I also really like watching the water go down the drain when it's time to get out.


Favorite Book: I love Goodnight Moon! I don't know what it is, but I just love that book. Also, my Noisy Farm book is pretty cool too. I don't like boring books like Where's My Mother or Chicka Chicka Boom Boom.


Do you like to go outside? I LOVE going outside! Any time my mom opens the door, I get really excited. We don't spend much time out front though because my mom gets tired of keeping me from going in the street. But Mom, I NEED to get a closer look at the cars!


Do you sleep through the night? For the most part, yes! I'm pretty good, but sometimes I'll still wake up and want milk. My mom can't complain very much though because I sleep way better than I did when I was 11 months.


Talents: I am super dramatic. Does that count? A couple months ago, I was up late with Mom while my dad was sleeping. I was trying really hard to wiggle out of my mom's arms and she accidentally dropped me about a foot or two off the ground. I cried so hard that my eyes rolled back in my head and I passed out. Mom FREAKED out and woke up Dad, but then she was crying too hard to tell him what happened. Basically it was a very stressful night and I fell asleep soon after that from pure exhaustion. I also enjoy screaming or throwing fits when something doesn't go my way.


Anything else we should know? I am pretty much the most adorable child you've ever seen. Some days my mom is almost in tears because of how cute I am and I love to play it up and make adorable faces. I am also very stubborn. Every. Single. Time my mom hands me my bottle, I try to get her to hold it for me before giving in and holding it myself. Other than that, I am a really good baby. Mom is really happy that I finally grew out of my terrible stage.


Ok, can we be done with the questions now? Peace out!


1 comment:

  1. Cute interview! Also, my kids are peanuts, so It's okay he's small! Also, in the picture of your dad holding Lucas he looks EXACTLY like Danen. I see so much of his Uncle Yogurt Boy in him! ;)

    ReplyDelete