Tuesday, January 27, 2015

The Andersens Move to Mesa

Okay so I started this post like a month ago...at the time I was getting ready to go somewhere so I thought, "Oh I'll just put in the pictures later." Well, here we are, about 4 weeks LATER and I'm finally getting around to it. I've just been so busy! Like I-don't-have-time-to-watch-my-shows-busy (I KNOW! Big deal). Anyways, here we go! (And the pictures are in no particular order...sorry!)

My cheesy 9 month old on December 10th (notice the bite out of the number...)
December was a crazy one, but also one of the best! Jake finished up his internship on the 12th (Hooray! He's officially DONE!) and we stayed up until almost 3AM packing the rest of our stuff. It is amazing to see just how much you have once you start packing it. The next morning all of our friends and neighbors came over to help us load it up into the trailer.


Lucas and I flew home the day after we packed up (and left Jake to drive home with his Dad), which was great because I'm pretty sure driving 14 hours with a 9 month old would have been a nightmare...not to mention I would have had to sit sideways in the back of the truck cab. Lukey actually did fairly well on the 2 hour flight, but towards the end he was tired and so done with sitting in the same spot. It took FOREVER to get off the plane because first we had to wait for the plane to get the okay to unload, and second we were in the back. Lucas was crying at this point and there was really nothing that I could do. This nice college student asked if she could hold him so I gratefully handed him over and she bounced him up and down until we could get off. Then she ended up carrying him all the way through the airport until we met up with Jake's family. Thank you random college student! You're a lifesaver.

He was totally cool with sitting on Santa's lap
Lukey got to meet his Aunt Amanda for the first time. She got home from her mission to Ohio in October. Sadly, Lucas was not happy to see anyone and pretty much cried all the way to my parent's house. Once he got some milk in his belly, however, he was back to his happy, goofy self!

Polar Express themed Christmas party with my parent's ward
We couldn't move into our new apartment until the 23rd, so in the meantime we stayed with my parents. We had so much fun being so close to family again and seeing old friends! My Norton grandparents were also in town for Christmas so it was fun to see them after a year and a half and have them meet their first great-grandchild.


Christmas is so much better with kids. I didn't even care what I got, I was just excited to help Lucas open his presents! Surprisingly he didn't seem to care about the wrapping paper, but he did have lots of fun with all of his new toys! He was one spoiled kid this year being the only grandchild on both sides. I'm pretty sure he got more presents than all of us combined (and I'm cursing myself for not getting a picture of all of his goodies!).


Now we are still settling into our new place--everyone is like "wow you already look all settled," but what they don't see is the boxes in our room and Lukey's room. Who knows when I'll get to them! But, I love it our place. Seriously, it has so much storage space and I think I would be perfectly fine staying a while. Jake is still on the hunt for a job. (Looking for jobs sucks!) But he is out looking every single day, so I know something will turn up! He has had several interviews over the last couple weeks and now we are just waiting to hear back from them.


What's new for me? After participating in a couple Jamberry nails parties over the last few months, I decided to take the plunge and become a consultant! I know, totally not like me, but that is precisely why I did it. I'm a very introverted person and I am hoping that this great business opportunity will help me be more outgoing and get me out of my comfort zone. Plus, getting paid to have my nails done all the time and run parties on Facebook (and hopefully some in-home or instagram!)? Why not?? I'm really excited about this and I have had SO much fun so far. It's been so nice to basically paid to have a hobby and I definitely feel better about spending my time doing this than watching TV all day. So, if you want to try a sample, host a party, order wraps, or learn more about Jamberry nails, I am your girl! Only plug over. ;) 

And some more pictures from our Christmas break. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment