Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving and Packing

Like last year, we decided to stay in good ol' Rexburg for Thanksgiving again this year. We had a great time stuffing our faces with Kaleb and Aly (and Ben!). Sadly, I took no pictures of Thanksgiving...I know, I know, TERRIBLE! Just kidding. Just imagine our cute, smiling faces and lots of yummy food. Probably the same exact food that you all had. I am proud of myself this year because I made homemade rolls for the first time, an hour and a half before dinner, and they turned out GREAT! Woot!

8 Months - November 10th

The last couple weeks I have started packing all of our stuff for the move. Can you believe we're moving in 2 weeks?? I can't. It's coming way too fast and although I am super excited to be in warm Arizona, I am also pretty sad to be leaving all of our friends. We've made some really good ones here and it just won't be the same without them. Also, I freaking hate packing. Where is everything supposed to go? How am I supposed to pack this weirdly shaped object? I told Jake we should just hire some professional packers, but he rejected that idea...sigh. Oh well, it will get done eventually...that's why I started so early (I am the world's slowest packer).


I've decided 8 months is my favorite age right now. Lucas is definitely a character. He's hilarious and he knows it too. He gets into these silly moods, usually after he is full, and lately he has been finding lots of random things funny. We just love his little laugh and he is so fun to be around.

Lucas and his friend, Ben, on our family bowling date with the Roberts

This kid also has 7 teeth and I can see the 8th one coming. Can you believe that?? He may be slow in other areas (sitting up, crawling, sleeping through the night), but he is definitely ahead of the game as far as teeth go!

He's a great helper when it comes to packing... :)

We have officially secured an apartment in Mesa and are very excited to start our new adventure! We're not really sure where life is going to take us in the fall, so for now we are just going to focus on the next few months and go from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment