Jake got to stay in Arizona with me for a week and a half before he had to go back to Idaho for school. We had fun spending time with our families and eating out almost every day (yay food!). It was the first time my dad and both of our siblings got to see Lucas. Needless to say, they all love him! He certainly got a LOT of attention being the first and only grandchild on both sides of our family.
My parents left the day before Easter to go on a cruise to celebrate their 25th anniversary (last June) and they had asked me if I could stay an extra week with the kids. At the time I thought it sounded like so much fun and even opted to stay a few days after my parents got home. It was fun to hang out in Arizona longer, but little did I know how hard being a single parent would be. Not only to a 6 week old, but to two teenagers who don't really like their sister telling them what to do. Honestly it wasn't too bad, but I sure did miss the help with Lukey!
And now for a Lucas photo dump! :) (Sorry they're not really in order!)
|
Luke got a pretty good haul for a 6 week old!
 |
| Luke turned 1 month the day we left for Arizona! |
 |
| He LOVES the football hold. If he's grumpy, this calms him down pretty quick! |
 |
| Playing with his Grandpa Andersen. |
 |
| He loves baths as long as his body is mostly submerged in warm water. |
 |
| Grandma's vibrating chair was a lifesaver! |
 |
| He finally lays on his back! For a while he would always roll to the side. |
 |
| This is his bird face that I was talking about. "I'm hungry, Mom!" :) |
We had so much fun in Arizona, but after 3 weeks we were definitely ready to get back to Idaho! Lukey missed his dad and so did I! A week and a half without my husband was way harder than I thought it would be. I won't be doing that again anytime soon! It's been nice being back and having help with Lucas at night again. Can't believe he'll be 2 months old in just a week!
No comments:
Post a Comment