Saturday, May 10, 2014

2 Months Old!

Today my baby turned 2 months old! The time has gone by so fast and its crazy to see how fast he is growing as well. Now Lucas actually fits into his 0-3 month clothes! Yay!


Love me some baby jeans!

I know a lot of people wish they could keep their babies this little forever, but to be completely honest, I don't. Not that I don't like little babies, but these past two months have been really hard both physically and emotionally. On top of the typical mom burdens like not getting enough sleep, Lucas and I have struggled with feedings. Sometimes I produce enough, sometimes I don't. It's a constant battle and one that I am tired of. Because of this, we supplement him with formula, but on occasion he won't take it, he only wants me.

The other struggle we have had is his crankiness. All of you moms out there who talk about what a good, happy baby you have, I'm totally jealous. Happy for you, but jealous.

The first two or three weeks of his life, Lukey was an angel. After that, things went down hill. He would cry pretty much the entire time he was awake. I started to dread when he would wake up from his naps and hoped he would just go right back to sleep soon after he ate.

In Arizona, things got better for about a week. He would have his bad days, but more good ones. I thought things were looking up. This was not the case.

When we got back to Idaho, he cried ALL weekend. It was horrible. This last week he's been really cranky as well. He has his good moments and some days is even good for the morning/afternoon, but every evening we have to walk him around or try to force him to take his pacifier. It's nice when Jake is home so that we can pass him back and forth, trying different things. When I'm by myself...let's just say I have to put him down sometimes so that I can maintain some level of sanity. I am definitely learning patience quickly!

Whenever I'm around people and he's crying, they always say he must be colicky or have a stomach ache. Although I think the stomach ache thing might be the case on occasion, I don't think he's colicky. From my understanding, colicky babies cry constantly, but he has his days where he doesn't cry as much. And trust me, I've tried cutting things out of my diet and gas drops, etc. Nothing works. Therefore, I think it is just his personality. I can't wait for him to grow out of this stage. I'm so done!

Lucas has found a love for Pokemon...or so we think!
2 month picture
A hint of a smile!
He sure is a cute little boy though and I love him to death, despite his cranky personality. I seriously don't know what I would do without him. Lucas has brought us so much joy and I feel honored to have the sacred opportunity to love and care for him in this life as his mother. It's crazy to me how much I love Lucas even though I've only known him a short time. He can't even communicate, but I love him all the same.

Lately he has started smiling which has been really fun. I finally feel like I'm getting something back instead of just giving, giving, giving. When he's in the mood, he loves playing pat-a-cake and when Jake drums his feet on his chest. He also smiles when we squeak his little frog toy (thanks Sheila & Darrell!). It's the only toy he likes right now! Over the past few days he has started looking directly at us and smiling when we talk to him on the rare occasion that he is happy. It's so fun when he interacts with us!

Baths calm him down
Happy boy in the tub!
Lucas has his 2 month appointment on Monday and I am excited to see how much he has grown! Not excited for the shots though. It'll be sad to see him cry! Hoping he's a little cuddly boy afterwards. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is a totally random comment from someone you probably don't remember. But I'm Tara's sister in law now, but we all went to high school together. Anyways I hope this doesn't totally creep you out but I love reading your blog! Your little guy is a cutie! My Abby was the same way. The first 3 months were really rough, and then it got better. She still had really fussy times and we had to keep her busy, distracted and on a schedule. But it does get better! There were so many times I had to put her in her crib and just let her cry because I didn't know what to do anymore. You do learn patience so quick! She also had good days and bad days. But I just wanted to comment because it gets so much better, and it will go by so fast! I would always laugh when people talked about how new borns just sleep all day long and were so quiet and content. That has never been abby, ever. But she is the most happy, wonderful, active, hilarious little girl. Nursing was really hard for us too! Like really hard, and she would take a bottle for 10 months! So weird to think back to all of that now that she is almost 3! Sorry this is the longest comment ever, I just wanted you to know you are not alone and that it goes by fast! Every week something changes, and it gets more and more fun! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete