Sunday, December 29, 2013

Partyin' Partyin' Yeah!

The month of December brought lots of Christmas parties for us to go to. I've been waiting to blog about them until I could get some pictures from one of Jake's co-workers, but I still haven't seen them and by the time I do, it may be February! So on we go with (sadly) no pictures.

The first party we went to this month was Jake's work party. We went to a little ranch about 20 minutes from our apartment. They had a dinner and cowboy show that wasn't nearly as good as the one we went to in Jackson, but it was still fun. We took a wagon ride to and from the place where we ate, but on the way back it was negative 15 degrees and not fun at all! Overall it was kind of interesting to be with Jake's co-workers. The girls were a little crazy! Next, our friends across the street hosted a cookie exchange party. We had fun playing catch phrase, judging the ugly sweater contest, and eating lots of treats. My work also had a Christmas party. Everyone brought food and treats. We also had a white elephant gift exchange. It was a fun way to say goodbye to our awesome general manager who is transferring to a different store this week. And finally, we went to our ward Christmas party which was a soup cook off. I made Kacie's potato soup recipe and got 2nd place! We got $5 to our local movie theater. Woohoo!

I had a doctor's appointment the week before Christmas and I had to take the dreaded glucose test. I failed the first time by one point so I had to go in again the next day to take the 3 hour glucose tolerance test. Let me tell you, it really sucks to sit in a waiting room for 3 hours! Thankfully I have a wonderful husband who insisted he come with me so it wasn't as bad. :) I passed the second test easily which was good! I was so sad when the day before they had told me I couldn't have any sugar. And right before the holidays! The nurse told me that I could have treats, but I would just have to be careful. It's been pretty hard being surrounded by lots of treats! I've tried to be good, but I've definitely indulged a little bit. I figure after the holidays I can be extra good, right? ;)

Jake finished up with his classes and finals and we headed home the weekend before Christmas. We stopped at Kacie's to spend the night, which was really fun. I hadn't seen her since her wedding back in June. Then we left early the next day and drove the rest of the way. It was nice to be able to split up the drive. The roads were clear and we made really good time! We picked Carter up from Provo and went the Vegas way. That drive is supposed to be 11 hours, but we made it in 10 hours, including stopping about every two hours per my doctor's orders!

More on our Christmas break coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment