Monday, September 2, 2013
We Have News!
Baby Andersen is on its way and we are so excited! I am almost 13 weeks now (due March 12th) and slowly but surely all the crappy symptoms of the first trimester are beginning to subside. There were a few weeks in there where I felt so sick all the time and I told Jake this was going to be the only child we would ever have (dramatic much?!)! But seriously, who likes feeling tired and nauseous 24/7?? Honestly though, I really should not be complaining because it actually has not been too bad.
We got to see the baby for the first time at 7 weeks. It was just a blob. I thought I was about 8 1/2 weeks and was incredibly disappointed to find out that I had to be sick and pregnant for a whole extra week and a half! Funny story...we went to our first appointment and there sitting in the waiting room were the Roberts (two of our friends from high school who were also high school sweethearts and got married). We sat near them and chatted, both of us not saying why we were there (even though this was a women's clinic...). Right before I got called back for the ultrasound, the secretary came over and handed Aly and I a packet with a baby magazine, a pacifier, and a diaper. We all busted up laughing and Jake said, "Well I guess that addresses the elephant in the room!" We agreed we wouldn't tell if they didn't! They were at the point I thought I was so we are due a week apart. Our babies can be best friends!
We had a second appointment scheduled for my 11 week mark but the Sunday night before I started bleeding a lot. I of course freaked out and cried for a good while until I calmed down enough to call the after hours nurse. She told me to relax and take a Tylenol and vitamin C and to come in first thing the next morning. Jake went out to get those things and ice cream (comfort food!) and we watched How I Met Your Mother the rest of the night, trying desperately to forget that we may have just miscarried. All night both of us tossed and turned, only sleeping maybe 2 or 3 hours. I just thought for sure the baby was gone and was mentally preparing myself for the worst. Finally, it came time to go in to the doctor and have our ultrasound. The lady was just looking around, measuring stuff, which was frustrating because I just wanted to know what happened to the baby! Finally she showed us the baby and its heartbeat. Everything was fine! I was so relieved that I started crying. My baby was fine! The doctor told us that when the placenta attaches to the uterus, there is a lot of blood exchanged. Some women absorb the extra blood and others get rid of it. Who knew?! I had no idea you could bleed during a pregnancy and that everything would be fine. Pregnancy sure does teach you a lot of things you NEVER learn anywhere else. So that was our scary night and I'm really hoping the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly!
Now that you know the news, I can finally post pictures of Carter's homecoming! This is how we told Jake's family! We showed his family the poster before Carter came home (we couldn't wait!) but at the airport, we told Carter and Jake's extended family.
I just wish we had gotten a picture of Carter's face. His reaction was priceless! At first he just said oh cool...and then it dawned on him and he freaked out! It was so great!
The family back together for the first time in 3 1/2 years!
We should be finding out the gender around my birthday in October and we're so excited! I want a girl, Jake wants a boy. We'll see what happens! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
So exciting! The second trimester was the best for me, so hang in there, live up the 2nd and dread the 3rd because that brings a whole new set of aches and pains. :D I agree with you, pregnancy opens up a whole new world of things to learn that you wouldn't have any clue about unless you experienced it.
ReplyDeleteYayyyyyy! This is such exciting news! You will be wonderful parents! I'm sorry you felt like poo but just think about those squishy little cheeks you will meet in march! And I love the way you told jakes fam! So cute! Hope you are feeling okay!
ReplyDelete