Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Summer Reading

Growing up, I read. A lot. Summertime especially was a time for reading, reading, reading! I even did those summer reading programs at the library and got dumb prizes for how many books I could read during the summer. Then college came around and after reading 5 million history books, I didn't want to read for fun anymore. TOO MUCH READING. I was honestly worried that history major of mine was going to kill my love of reading. Thankfully, it didn't! Yay! Since I'm done with school now and bored out of my freaking mind, I have decided to read again. Now comes the fun part: I NEED YOUR HELP! Throw me some book titles people! I have raided my mom's shelfari list but I'm looking for any book titles or authors you can throw my way. My weakness is modern fantasy type books (i.e. Harry Potter, Hunger Games, Mortal Instruments, etc.). You know, vampires, magic, weird creatures, stuff like that. Love it. I also LOVE books that have some sort of romance in it. It can be small but show me the lovin'! BUT I am also open to just about anything. AND I'm going to be very disappointed if I only get one or two comments because I know for a fact that many of you read this and that many of you read! So if you read this post, give me a title, even just ONE title! Thanks in advance. :)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Alix! Have you ever read, "The Girl Who Could Fly" by Victoria Forester? I love that one, and it sounds like it's right up your alley!

    -Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divergent by Veronica Roth, it's the first of a trilogy, the third one isn't out yet. But the second is Insurgent (I haven't read it yet though, but I'm definitely going to.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hoisseini and A Thousand Splendid Suns by him as well. You will cry your eyes out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, I was going to suggest Divergent as well. They are also making a movie out of them, which is always fun to read the books and have the movies to look forward to later. Okay, please don't judge me, but have you read the Selection? Its by Keira Cass I think. Its pretty cheesy, and kind of lame but its a total guilty pleasure. Its like the Bachelor meets Hunger Games without all the violence. Its also a trilogy and the third one hasn't come out but I think the second one is called The Elite. I'm currently reading the Matthew Shardlake Series by CJ Sansom. They are murder mystery books about a lawyer with a hunchback in the 1500's. There are five of them and they are all really good. (I'm currently halfway through the third one). Tina Fey's biography is hilarious - Bossypants. I'm a huge fan of Ken Follet. His new Fall of Giants trilogy is way good. Kinda long (and historically based, so i'm not sure this is what you're looking for) but so good. Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother? Its hilarious and really interesting and a quick read. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro is really good. Okay, I'll stop. But I read A LOT so if you need more ideas let me know! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete