Please excuse my lack of blogging. Every time I've thought about it in the last month, I just figured there was nothing significant to talk about. And there still really isn't but this is what we've been up to!
Jake finally got a job at Jamba Juice and so far, he's loving it. He has to memorize all the smoothies which seems impossible to me but I know he can do it! It's a good thing too that he got this job because it is pretty much impossible to get 40 hours a week at my job. I'm lucky if I get more than 25. It's a good job though and I enjoy it most of the time.
Jake finished up with wrestling for this season. He was the champion of his weight. (#1 of 2...but he still won!). I know my dad wishes he could have been here to see it and I wish I had remembered to record it! The match only lasted a minute or two because Jake pinned him fast! I love my husband and I love watching him wrestle but...I don't love sitting there for 2 hours while all the other sweaty boys wrestle each other. Too many awkward positions for me! Here is a video of one of his matches a couple weeks ago.
We leave for NY/DC/Canada in 3 WEEKS!!! I cannot even tell you how excited I am. This is my parent's graduation present to me. History, here I come!
Oh by the way, I FINALLY FINISHED MY CLASSES! That's right. I'm DONE. You are looking at a college graduate and what an amazing feeling it is! I'm not gonna lie, it's still kind of weird waking up in the morning or coming home from work and feeling no obligation or guilt to do homework. I can do whatever I want! Amazing. Since I finished, I have taken the time to watch all three seasons of Downton Abbey. Why in the world do I have to wait til September to watch season 4?! If you haven't watched it yet...DO IT! The first and second seasons are on Hulu Plus. And the third season...shhh, you ready for a secret? It's on stream-tv.me. Go. Now.
Jake's brother, Carter, comes home from his mission the end of July! I bought tickets home today for August and we're so excited to see him! Also Jake's sister, Amanda, put in her mission papers on Sunday! We're all very excited for her and just hoping she doesn't get sent out before Carter gets home!
On February 25th we celebrated 6 months of marriage! Kind of crazy how fast time flies! We are loving every second of it! :)
On February 25th we celebrated 6 months of marriage! Kind of crazy how fast time flies! We are loving every second of it! :)
| Still happily married! |
| Jake will hate me for putting this up...but this is what happened when my husband cleaned the house last week! I think he forgot to put something away... :) |
Alix! You guys are going to be in DC?!?! When? and for how long!? We would totally love to see you if that fits into your vacation! We also totally have room for you to stay here if you need that!
ReplyDeleteYour dad told me to check this out. Tell Jake "Great job!" He should know that you can keep wrestling beyond high school--for some of us, it's been "way beyond high school." Thx for posting this.
ReplyDeleteThat trip to Canada sounds like it will be amazing! Have fun and be safe! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com
ReplyDeleteThanks so much!
Delete