Monday, September 5, 2011

Jamestown

On Sunday, I went with Kacie, Kristy, and Julianne to sing for the old folks at Jamestown. They went last year a lot but I never went. I'm here to tell you that I'm officially converted. Those old people are a hoot! Here are a few of the funny things we heard. (And most are from one lady!)
- After singing Families Can Be Together Forever: "I don't believe families can be together forever!"
- "Wow, that was a long song."
- "Are you guys done yet?"
- Directed towards one of the male workers: "Who are you?" "I'm Dan" "You're cute!" (He then pulled out a paper and tallied it. Apparently that was the 10th comment like that that day!)
- After Julianne ungracefully plopped this old lady into a chair (which was both hilarious and scary), the guy sitting in the wheelchair in front of her said, "Well that was a hell of a dance!"
- "What does abide mean?" Worker: "To come with or be with, like you'll abide with me."  Woman: "Oh you think you're so clever."
- One student said "adios" to this lady and she said, "What does adios mean?" "It means goodbye in Spanish." "Adios. Goodbye...why are you still here? That means you have to leave now."

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahaha. This post just made my day. Grumpy old people are the best.

    ReplyDelete