Friday, September 2, 2011

I Survived

I have officially survived the first week of school...not that there was much to survive.

Here's what I'm taking this semester:
World War II
Family Finance
Civil War
LDS Marriage and Family
US History Since 1877
(If you didn't know or can't tell already, I'm a history major)

The only class that has actually started teaching me anything is Civil War. The rest have taken WAY too long to get into the material. Example? In LDS Marriage and Family, my professor spent the first 35 minutes of class (on the 2ND day mind you) telling us about ALL 7 of his children, his wife, and himself. So if there is a question on the test about his family, I know all his kids names, grades, and a little bit about there personality. The rest of the class was spent going through all 62 of us in the class stating our name, where we are from, major, and what our marital status...only at BYU....

All that aside, I love all my professors this semester. They are all super chill and so far I like their teaching style. Now I just have to gear up for all the reading and writing I'm going to have to do this semester...I'm pretty sure it's more than I have ever done before and every single one of my classes has pop quizzes or reading quizzes that you have to do before class so I can't not do the reading.

Anyways happy studying to all! And to all a good semester :)

1 comment:

  1. Actually... in my Child Development class at MCC we had to go around the room and state our relationship status too! but there is only about 24 students in the class... It was kind of random I thought, so good to know others are doing it! haha =)

    ReplyDelete