Well I'm back in Utah, mostly moved into my apartment...pretty much alone...except for one other girl who seems to be watching shows on her computer...so yeah basically alone. This year was different because neither of my parents came up with me--something I am regretting more and more as the minutes pass. I miss them! And I know I'm almost 21 and I shouldn't be saying this but, I want my mom. :(
I came up with Morgan and thought it wouldn't be that big of a deal to move in by myself. Morgan and her roommates helped me move my stuff into my apartment and then I spent a few hours unpacking. By the time I was mostly done unpacking, I realized I hadn't eaten since about 1:30pm and was starving...but with no food, no car, and the market down the street most likely closed, I concluded I would just have to wait til the morning. I had a hard time falling asleep, probably due to the really cold air that was blowing on my face. When I woke up, I showered, got dressed, did my hair, and finally made it down to the corner market to get some food. I got nutella and bread and then came to find out that we don't have a toaster...bummer. Thankfully I did get some other food items...I finally ate at 11:30am. 22 hours later...I don't even think I've been able to fast that long!
So it's been a rough not-even-24-hours but I think I'll manage. I do like the size of the apartment so I think we chose well. We also have two bathrooms and showers which will be VERY helpful considering the fact that there will be 6 girls living here. We also have plenty of storage/shelving space--although Kacie and I have WAY too many clothes so we are still in the process of figuring it all out. We were lucky enough to get what looks to be an "Easter" themed room...yeah basically we will be repainting it in the very near future! Whoever thought to paint the walls 4 different colors (blue, green, yellow, and pink) seriously needs to get their eyes checked. We're going to keep the green wall as an accent and paint the rest blue but 4 colors? No. The other two rooms are "fall" themed, and "winter" themed...the living room is "Christmas" themed and the kitchen is the twin to our room...nonetheless it is an interesting apartment. Oh and the carpet is green...and super nasty. We will be petitioning for new carpet! There are a few other things wrong...(like no handle on the microwave) but I guess we can't complain too much. It could be way worse and I guess I shouldn't really expect much from off-campus housing.
Now I'm just waiting for Kacie to get home...on Friday. In the meantime I'll have to find something to entertain myself. I'm seriously contemplating going to campus to get my books and maybe starting on some homework early. I can't wait for school to start. I need something to do!
ohhhhhhhh Provo! haha! I hope you and Kacie have fun!
ReplyDeleteSorry, love. I missed helping you move in this year. :( Didn't miss the drive, though. ;) Be social and have a great semester!
ReplyDelete