Sunday, June 12, 2011
Do I LOOK 12 to You?!
It happened again. The other day my friend Landon came over and we all (Landon, me, my mom, Brynn, and Ri) decided to go to Red Robin for a late lunch. As we walked through the doors, the girl said, "Do you girls want a kid's menu?" We said yeah that Brynn and Riley wanted one but then once we sat down she gave a kid's menu to Brynn, Riley, and....ME. Are you freaking kidding me?! My mom and Landon were laughing so hard while I sat there feeling completely insulted. I know I look young. That's no surprise. And the braces certainly don't help either. BUT really? It is my understanding that kid's menus are for 12 and under. Do I look 12 to you?! This whole age thing is REALLY starting to get to me. At first it was haha, oh well, I'll look young when I'm older, but now it is just depressing that no one takes me seriously. At work, team members ask me how old I am and customers ask for a real manager. At church, women in Relief Society ask if I just got out of Young Womens (I've been out of there for 2 1/2 YEARS!) and some can't tell if I'm older or younger than Brynn. I just want it to stop. Seriously. These braces can't come off fast enough. I'm hoping that will help my cause....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hahahahahaha! Oh Alix, I'm sorry! I don't think you look twelve. That waiter must be a moron!
ReplyDeleteI don't think you look 12. But look at the positives: sometimes when you get kids menus you get to color with crayons till the food comes!
ReplyDelete