Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Bump on a Log"

This is a saying in our family when someone is sitting on the couch watching television when one of us leaves and then they are still in the same spot when we get back. It is also something that I have done pretty much every single day of this summer....

Coming home for the summer I had plans. Sort of. I had a list of things I was going to do--stuff that would keep me busy so that I could feel accomplished at the end of my summer. Clearly this has not happened so far as I have only checked off one item. My days usually go a little somethin like this: sleep in, watch tv, go to work, go to bed, start over. Or if I work in the morning: wake up at 7am, go to work, come home, eat, watch tv, go to bed. On the days that I sleep in, I usually wake up at a fairly decent time (9ish) but then think "I have nothing to do today" so I go back to sleep for a few more hours.

So overall, yes, this is a sad existence. Something needs to be done! And soon if I want to keep my sanity intact. Maybe my trip to California this next week will kick me into gear. Let's hope so! Or this could be a very long, boring summer....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Alix.... I feel ya!! That sounds exactly like my days, minus the going to work part. haha! I just sit around and wait for Dallin to get home so I have someone to talk to. Pathetic. I know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the lazy summerness! When you are stressed about school in the fall you'll be wishing you could sleep in! I can't wait to see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete