That's right. I got the promotion to manager this past weekend!! So now everyone gets to call me Miss Hague which is really weird since I'm only 19, but hey I don't mind! The interview with Mr. Bill (the corporate guy in charge of promotions) went very well obviously. I was nervous right until I got to his office and then it was just so easy to talk to him so I was fine. He even told me that the interview went well and that I answered all his questions exactly how he wanted them answered. I found out I was on the manager schedule about 3 hours after my meeting with him so I was relieved to find out that I had gotten it and that I was staying at my theater after all. On Friday I had my first shift as manager training in concession inventory. I always thought that job would be so easy. I mean anyone can count right? Well I was right about the counting part but it was all the computer work that was hard. Maybe "hard" isn't the word but time consuming? We didn't get done until 1:30 AM but I guess that is really good timing for a beginner so I was happy with it! Saturday I was crowd control which was super easy. I just had to make sure people could find seats and let the lines in. I love being manager cause I'm not stuck in one place anymore :) Yesterday I had my first projection training shift. It's a complicated and stressful job! But by the end of the day I was cleaning and threading the projectors all by myself and apparently first timers usually aren't able to on their first day so that made me happy too! Guess I was meant for the theater life :) haha. Oh and did I mention I can get 3 people into a free movie along with me instead of 1? Sorry I don't mean to brag or anything but this is the life. :)
Since I'm staying in my home ward this summer. I got called to be a primary teacher to the 5 year olds. On Sunday, my partner wasn't there so I taught all 7 of them by myself...they were a handful!! My 10-15 minute lesson ended up filling the entire hour just because I kept having to tell them to be quiet, sit down, or physically place them in a different chair away from their neighbor. Despite their difficulty though, I really enjoyed being with them. I'm pretty excited to be their teacher this summer :)
Other than work and teaching primary, I pretty much do nothing else except for watch tv...I signed up for the free month trial with Netflix so I've been watching Arrested Development for the past week or two. I'm on Season 3 now...it's a hilarious show! My life is pathetic I know. But I have hung out with my friend Lendsey a few times and hopefully I'll get some more social interaction now that my best friend Amy is back from school.
No comments:
Post a Comment