I really should be working right now....buuuuttt I decided to blog instead. I mean, it's only been like a month since I blogged. Let's start with this cute face...
We have gotten back into the swing of things here in good ol' Rexburg. Jake is interning at the Entrepreneurial Center and he's the waterpolo coordinator at the school. He's definitely busy, but it has been nice because he can pretty much be home whenever I need him. Jake is also trying to find a job in Arizona for January. As our moving date gets closer, I am feeling more and more stressed about whether we will have a job or not! I'm sure it will all work out though and if not, I have a job that I can work for a while (although I'd rather not!).
![]() |
| This baby is a true BYU fan through and through! |
I took on a babysitting job this semester (which I am semi-regretting). I watch a little boy, who is two months younger than Lucas, twice a week for a few hours. I always said I wanted twins...I've changed my mind! It really hasn't been TOO bad for the most part. I just try to get them on opposite schedules and it usually works out pretty well. I just really, really don't get anything done those days. But hey, I get paid so....
| 7 months on October 10th |
- Lucas is still working on sitting up, but he's getting better all the time. He's a little bit behind on his milestones, but I'm sure he will catch up to all his friends soon.
- His favorite book right now is Goodnight Moon and he's starting to get tired of his current toys. Good thing Christmas is just around the corner!
- We've been feeding him baby food a little bit and he absolutely loves bananas. He'll even take bites of our banana sometimes. He has the WORST gag reflex, so crackers and more solid foods are kind of on hold unless we want to be thrown up on (some of you may have seen the video I posted a week or two ago).
- He spits when he's bored and starting to get mad. It's kind of hilarious.
- He loves to be held. If you put him down, most of the time he will scream.
- Lucas has to be moving constantly. His legs are all muscle and it's no wonder because they are always kicking.
- Currently, Lukey has three teeth on the bottom and two more coming in on the top!
- He loves going outside. Family pictures this week were nearly impossible because all he wanted to do was look down at the leaves instead of the camera. Crossing my fingers we got at least a few good shots of him looking!
| This calms him down...no joke! And he won't take it off. He just leaves it there! We definitely get a kick out of this kid! |
Jake and I are participating in this challenge called Feeling Great in 8 (weeks). There are 8 teams of 2 and most of the people are in our ward. Every day you get points for doing things like eating healthy, exercising, and drinking water. It's definitely been hard, but I am excited to start getting into healthier habits and hopefully lose some of this baby weight I still have going on! Jake has lost somewhere around 5-8 pounds so far and I've only lost about 1/2 a pound...say what?! (It's completely unfair that guys can lose more weight in a shorter amount of time!). We are in week 3 of 8 right now and there is a cash prize at the end for the winner. Apparently money motivates me...a lot! Weird, huh? ;)
| I like to take sleeping pictures...creeper mom alert |
Okay and as a final note, totally random, but have any of you watched Drop Dead Diva? I've been watching it on Netflix the last several weeks and I'm almost done. I'm obsessed, so if you need a new show, there you go!

I cannot believe Lucas is SEVEN months! What the!!!?? How did this happen!? Crazy. Also, we've done Feel Great a few times and we actually loved it both times! I've never looked so forward to FHE (AKA A FREAKING TREAT!!!!!) Also, I love Drop Dead Diva. :)
ReplyDelete