Saturday, October 26, 2013

It's a BOY!

On Wednesday we had my 20 week appointment. The night before I did not sleep very well because I was so nervous. It was no secret I wanted a girl, but I really didn't want to be disappointed if it was a boy. As the ultrasound tech started looking at all the body parts and measuring things, she began with the legs and made her way up. There was definitely no denying it was a boy! Thankfully, I didn't feel disappointed but instead just felt really excited to know what we would be having. The tech said everything looked great and was measuring right. She also said it looks like his head will be more of my shape than Jake's (at least from this point) which is good for me! I certainly don't want to be pushing a giant head out of me...no thank you!

Seeing our little boy on the ultrasound was probably the coolest thing I've ever seen so far. Being able to see the bones and the chambers of the heart was amazing. He was also kicking his legs a bunch and moving around. The tech was trying to get him to turn at one point, but no matter what she did, he would not budge! Maybe we will have a stubborn little boy, just like me!

As you can imagine, our parents are SUPER excited. This will be the first grandchild for both of them so let the spoiling begin!

We are really excited and can't wait for our little boy to get here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment