Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pinterest/RS Inspired DIY

Last week we made this at a Relief Society activity...

It was super simple! The girl in charge had printed pictures of President Monson, the Savior, and the Rexburg Temple onto tissue paper and then we just had to mod podge it onto the canvas. They also gave us black tool to tie on. Cute! After we made this, I was inspired to do another project with some prior inspiration from pinterest. My pinspiration comes from here. To make it, I printed the lyrics to "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri (the song we danced to at our wedding!) on tissue paper, mod podged (made my own! 1/2 Elmer's glue, 1/2 water) it on to a 10x10 canvas, then cut out the letters and heart from card stock. As a final touch, I put our wedding date on the heart with a stamp. The final product:

It turned out great! What made this even better was that over all I probably spent around $8 for all the materials and the framed one from etsy was $59! Hooray for cheap, easy, and cute home decor!

2 comments: