 |
| December 1945 Ladies Home Journal |
I have decided that the hardest part about writing a paper is starting the paper. This morning it took me approximately an hour and a half to start a paper for my World War II class (and this is after about a week plus of saying I need to start it). I think it took so long mostly because I couldn't decide on which primary source document I wanted to use and partly because this paper is really daunting. When I first looked at the prompt, it said 4-6 pages. I thought, oh no big deal! I could write that with my eyes closed. Then I looked more carefully...4-6 pages SINGLE-SPACED. What?! Who DOES that? You might as well just say 8-12 pages because that is way more truthful and it doesn't get the hopes up of a poor college student who is already tired of this semester. So alas I started my paper. I am analyzing an article from a popular women's magazine in 1945 about husbands coming home after the war and adjusting to life and their "new" wives. I almost have the first page done which is exciting but...it's only information on the source like the author, intended audience, etc. So really I haven't even started into the paper. Not that any of you really care. I mostly write these kind of posts when I am avoiding something...like this paper!
In other news more relevant to my life: I go home in 10 days! I could not be more excited! I desperately need this break, although I'm sure the entire time I will be worrying about my 9-12 page paper and 6-7 page paper that are both due the week I get home from my little Thanksgiving vacation. After December 1st life will be beautiful I've decided. Papers will be complete, some studying and bsing of final exams will commence, and then I will go home for a glorious 19 days.
I totally get it! The hardest part about making my cakes is picturing what I want to do... then it's easy from there hahaha! I HATE papers... they are dumb! Good luck!!!!!
ReplyDelete