Saturday, October 9, 2010

2 AM

Blogging at 2 in the morning is always a good idea right? Yeah I thought so.

I just had to say that I am super proud of myself tonight.  While Kacie and Kristy were out on dates and Julianne was being studious (at least I think she was...), I got three whole pages of my 5-7 page essay for History 320 done!! Woohoo! And hey even though it took me like 4 hours to do it, I made a lot of progress! And on a Friday night none the less! Haha I'm so lame I know. But really this is how this semester is going to go. Don't worry though, I'm ok with it. Really I am. There are no boy interests (my heart belongs with a boy in Mexico) and I do have lots of fun with my roommates when I can hang out.

Tonight I did take a break though and watched The Ringer. Such a good movie :)

And now if I'm studious in the morning, I won't have to spend my Saturday night writing this paper too! Although it might be a good idea to start on my Human Development paper...eh whatever I'll procrastinate that longer.

Speaking of procrastination, when is it ever going to go away?? I'm starting to think never. For some reason I just mentally can't do things early! I need that pressure of something being due very soon in order to have the motivation to do it.  At least I get it done. And I'm finding out this year that lots of people are WAY worse than me.  Today in my History 200 class, we had a book analysis due. Before class started this guy said he had written it this morning. I can't do it that late! I would freak out. I am also finding out that I am actually not that bad of a writer.  I thought I had done this book review all wrong, but when we got into groups and read each others' papers, mine was the best one! And I'm not just saying that from only my reading of theirs. They all told me that they could find hardly anything wrong with it. Yay! Maybe I'm not so dumb after all :)

Another good thing that happened to me today was that my History 320 class was cancelled so I got to go with Kacie and Kristy to pick up Kacie's niece Brynlee from the BYU kindergarten. We played with her all afternoon! Most of the time we were looking for "tinkerbell" and unlocking her from her cage that the captain had placed her in. Oh the imaginations of 5 year olds! :)

Overall it was a very good day!

1 comment:

  1. I can't even tell you how proud I am that you started that paper! Amazing! I'm still putting mine off like a true procrastinator.

    ReplyDelete